Accounting Position (posted 12-4-13)
GSRI seeks candidate with a minimum of 3 years Fund Accounting experience. Payroll and benefits experience also required. Experience managing Restricted Assets preferred. Knowledge of Abila-MIP/Sage FA and Paychex highly desired. Competitive salary/benefits. Email resume and cover letter to Accounting@gsri.org. No phone calls please. An EEO employer M/F/D/V.
Membership/Community Development Manager
This individual is responsible for managing a designated geographic location. Develops membership plans for growth based on market driven data. Develops strategic partnerships to grow and retain membership. Provides ongoing support to volunteers in assigned area. Represents Girl Scouts on a regional and community level through presentations, networking, community events, etc. This individual will manage delivery of Girl Scout program to girls K-12 via adult volunteers. Must be able to travel throughout designated region supporting membership, volunteers and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in human/social services or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Successful experience in establishing and managing community collaborations
- Experience in compiling and analyzing data
- Fluency in speaking and writing Spanish is highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience in using advanced features with MS Windows and MS Office applications
- Proficient using customer database to input, maneuver throughout screens, manage and create reports, etc.
- Transportation required to travel throughout designated geographic area
- Function independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work nights and weekends are required
- Ability to multi-task and organize workload
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Urban Outreach After-School Positions
Girl Scouts of Rhode Island, Inc. is looking for energetic, responsible adults to facilitate programs at after school sites in Providence, Pawtucket, Central Falls, West Warwick, Cranston, and Newport.
Our outreach staff helps girls explore new topics, build their self-confidence, make new friends, and have FUN! We have openings Monday – Friday after school between 2:30 – 6:00 pm and are hoping to find adults who can work multiple afternoons.
Training, curricula and materials are provided. Some meetings and record-keeping is required. There is an option to continue through summer. Must be at least 18, enjoy working with children, and have transportation.
Click here for a stipend staff application (PDF). Send the completed application & three references to Lauren Parmelee, email@example.com. No calls, please.
Summer Camp Positions
When you choose to work at a Girl Scout camp, you choose to be part of a caring, supportive community of people who build girls of courage, confidence and character. We operate four day camps (Camp Green Forest in West Kingston, RI; Camp Promising Acres in Swansea, MA; Camp Cookie in Glocester, RI; and Camp Rocky Farm in Newport, RI) and one overnight camp (Camp Hoffman in West Kingston, RI). Girl Scouts of Rhode Island’s summer camp season begins in early July and ends in mid-August.
GSRI is an Equal Employment /Affirmative Action Organization.
- All staff receive training in camp and program skills, operational and emergency procedures, leadership skills, age-level characteristics, positive discipline and conflict resolution.
- In addition to your salary, you may choose one of two incentives. You can either sign up your child to attend Girl Scout camp at a significant discount (discount varies by the number of years you’ve worked for Girl Scout camps) or you can sign up for an “educational incentive” ($30 for each week of day camp that you work; $180 if you work the entire overnight camp season). The educational incentive is payable directly to your college or university or other institute that provides training (e.g. YMCA).
- Who Can Apply
- All staff must be at least 18 years old by the start of the camping season. Some positions require certifications. If possible GSRI will help a staff member procure these certifications.
- How to Apply for Summer Camp Positions
- Complete a New Staff Application (PDF) or a Returning Staff Application (PDF) and return it to:
Girl Scouts of Rhode Island, Inc.
or via fax at 401.421.2937. You must also submit three Reference Forms (PDF) , completed by individuals (not relatives) who can judge your qualifications for this position.
500 Greenwich Ave
Warwick, RI 02886